Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really like the look of the lights mounted at the window hinge... I think lighting...upgrading the headlights and adding the hinge mounted extra lights are going to be "Phase II" of the Jeep upgrade. (Phase I is currently under way)

My question is about noise. I added a roof rack to a previous vehicle and was shocked at the amount of noise that generated...I'll never do a roof rack again.

Can I get some WF expert opinion on the amount of noise generated by the hinge mounted lights please? I'm hoping that since they are mostly inside the body lines, it will be minimal, but I know that you guys will have the real world answer.

Thanks in advance,

Terry

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
:whistling:Absolutely no noise from my rack/windshield lights-

No noise from my tires either--perhaps it's because my hardtop is so well insulated-

Sorry about your experience !

:dance::rofl: JIMBO

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys! Exactly the kind of feedback I was hoping for. Man I love this place... I mean.. other than the wallet-emptying-I-never-knew-I-needed-that-never-ending-list-of-mods-to-my-brand-new-vehicle part.

KBW, I see that you have a grill insert... that is also part of phase II... can I ask what kind it is?

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Thanks guys! Exactly the kind of feedback I was hoping for. Man I love this place... I mean.. other than the wallet-emptying-I-never-knew-I-needed-that-never-ending-list-of-mods-to-my-brand-new-vehicle part.

KBW, I see that you have a grill insert... that is also part of phase II... can I ask what kind it is?
I was a hapless newb when I made that purchase. This is it:

Rampage Products 86513 - Rampage Products 3D Grille for 07-12 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK - Quadratec

Since then I've seen dozens of threads like this.

Metalcrafters Mesh Grill Insert

The ingenuity and general frugality of the peeps who spent $20 at Lowe's to make a grille that looks just as good as mine for a mere fraction of the cost will haunt me till I take the big dirt nap. :nonono:

The only advantage that mine might have is that it's screwed in, rather than glued or zip-tied on. Very sturdy. :D

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Man I'm such a dork... I was looking at my Jeep last night to see where the lights will install...and uh...I noticed that my JKU doesn't actually have a window hinge on the outside.. hahahaha what a noob.

So... I assume there is a bracket that mounts to the bolts near the bottom of the window, yes? Does the power cable just run inside the hood somehow, or do you have to make a hole?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts