Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i'm from italy, here we have a lot of problem to build up our Jeep.
we need permits and approvals by state technical.
And you can put all tires you want?
we must pay for everything, steel bumper, big tires, new light etc..:pullinghair:

Thanks,
Tommy

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Welcome. Wow, and I thought NY was a nanny state. Not quite sure what your question is though.

·
Super Moderator
10,628 Posts
I am amazed at how much latitude we have to mod our Jeeps here in California. When I read about door laws, lift regs, mud flaps and CAI restrictions members from other states complain about, I realize we still have it pretty good here.

And the same goes about access to OHV areas. It is a constant struggle to keep trails open. Nevertheless, we have access to sand dunes, rock crawling, dirt and mud trails, snow, desert, beach, mountains, forests, and amazing vistas three hours in any direction from this 10-million urban mass.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
I am amazed at how much latitude we have to mod our Jeeps here in California. When I read about door laws, lift and CAI restrictions members from other states complain about, I realize we still have it pretty good here.
Now firearms, well, that's another story. Although I can't exactly brag living in NY:rant:. Please send Feinstein my regards.:mooning:

·
Super Moderator
10,628 Posts
Now firearms, well, that's another story. Although I can't exactly brag living in NY:rant:. Please send Feinstein my regards.:mooning:
That's a misconception: I am a law-abiding California firearm owner, and so are many of my friends. You can go out in the desert and shoot without anyone ever bothering you.

You need to stop believing all that cr+p you see in the media about everyone here being a bunch of pot-smoking, granola-eating tree huggers.

I moved to California 17 years ago and I have been to every corner of this state: I love the wide diversity of its people, its economy and its geography.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I live in Ca, so Texas or Colorado have been my two choices for moving when my son goes to college. I love the mountains, and I love my freedom so tough choice.

·
Super Moderator
10,628 Posts
I live in Ca, so Texas or Colorado have been my two choices for moving when my son goes to college. I love the mountains, and I love my freedoms so tough choice.
Yup. I've been to Colorado and Texas a couple times. Agree, Colorado indeed looks like a great place to live, from the warmth of its people to the beauty of mountains.

I'd just need to get used to being away from the ocean and to the elevation!

·
Super Moderator
8,238 Posts
Oh wow that is major suckage! Another vote for the wild west - pretty much if it has an engine, at least 1 mirror, lights and wheels it is street legal here in Arizona.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Yup. I've been to Colorado and Texas a couple times. Agree, Colorado indeed looks like a great place to live, from the warmth of its people to the beauty of mountains.

I'd just need to get used to being away from the ocean and to the elevation!
Sadly I don't take advantage of being an hour and a half away from the coast. I maybe go once, twice a year. I do head up into the Sierras atleast twice a month so my converting should be easier.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
That's a misconception: I am a law-abiding California firearm owner, and so are many of my friends. You can go out in the desert and shoot without anyone ever bothering you.

You need to stop believing all that cr+p you see in the media about everyone here being a bunch of pot-smoking, granola-eating tree huggers.

I moved to California 17 years ago and I have been to every corner of this state: I love the wide diversity of its people, its economy and its geography.
Talking about the type of firearms (those nasty scary "assault weapons"), magazine size and microstamping BS they want to enact. Many companies won't make compliant firearms with the microstamping crap. No misconception there man. http://www.guns.com/2015/02/27/federal-judge-california-handgun-roster-is-constitutional/

·
Super Moderator
10,628 Posts
Sadly I don't take advantage of being an hour and a half away from the coast. I maybe go once, twice a year. I do head up into the Sierras atleast twice a month so my converting should be easier.
Don't blame you. The Sierras are just stunning.

Besides, driving towards the coast brings you to urban chaos and congestion; driving to the mountains brings you to peace and solitude.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts