Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two cars with heated leather seats, a Honda and an F350. It seems that if i jump in and go the heater has things pretty warm before i start feeling the effects of the heated seat. So i have 2 questions: How long does it take for you to feel the effects from the seat? Those with experience of cloth/heated and leather/heated, have u noticed a difference in time-to-heat and effectiveness between leather and cloth?
Thanx in advance!

·
Registered
873 Posts
I've only had leather, but it does take 5-15 mins to really feel the heat when started on low setting. It does vary depending on vehicle, but I still think the heated seats take the chill away even if you aren't roasting instantly. One thing I don't like are the momentary switches, they don't allow you to turn the seats on upon exit (so the heat will be on w/remote start like a rocker switch can).

·
Registered
343 Posts
My cloth seats are usually toasty within 10 minutes (2013).

I don't have remote start so the lack of rocker switches doesn't bother me too much, but I do see how they would be an improvement.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Takes about 10 minutes to get going. It also depends on what I am wearing.

If I have my suit on for work, it's noticeable faster. Jeans? It may take a while.

·
Registered
111 Posts
dress pants 5 min with my Saraha cloth seats...also after about 20 min it will automatically drop from hi to low.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
I have a 2012 with factory heated leather.

I can usually feel it in less than 5 minutes even in the summer.

I dont use it much, but on long trips it makes the small of my back feel better.

ALMOST makes up for the lack of lumbar curvature to the seat.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
I usually get the feeling like I've peed myself in around 5 min with leather seats... but, it hasn't been ridiculously cold yet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts