Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally i bought me a jeep wrangler 2001 se and my question is do i need a lift kit to put 31x10.5 on 15 in rims. If so how many inches do i need the lift kit to be. keep in mind that i bought this car to take it to mexico and keep it down there. Is mostly gravel road theres only pavement when i go to the city so is gonna be a off road and on road vehicle so im buying all on/off road tires. Thanks for your help

·
Registered
659 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
You do not need a lift to fit 31s.
However, you must get bump stop extensions and may have to put some washers behind the steering stops to avoid any rubbing. A 1" body lift is a cheap lift that will help avoid rubbing too.

In the future, try searching first as there are tons of threads about this and pretty much anything.
Have fun! :wavey:

·
Registered
261 Posts
You don't really need to do any modifications to fit 31s. Anything bigger than that is when your gonna be looking at having to raise it up a little bit.

image-2316946425.jpg

I've done quite a few things since this picture but this was my 100% stock 2001 Se.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I went from 205/65/15 to 35" tires...

30" to 31" they are right no lift needed at all... but when I tried 32" to 33" it required a minimum of a 2" lift, I currently have a 3.25" lift with 33" tire clearance. I think I will stay with 35/12.50/15s for a while had to add 2" hub spacers to get my full turn radius back.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts