Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a wrangler unlimited and wanted the body color hardtop in white but they didn't have it so I have the black hardtop. Does anyone know where I could buy the body color hardtop or if any are for sale?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Try Craigslist or EBay. Also, consider painting or rolling Monstaliner (in white) if you have the skills, patience, and nerve.

Any body shop would paint the top for some dinero..

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
I would suggest leaning toward a used body colored top, over a basic black top. They aren't the same. It will be easier to re-paint the top that was already a body color, and to attempt to smooth out the textured black top.

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
I would suggest leaning toward a used body colored top, over a basic black top. They aren't the same. It will be easier to re-paint the top that was already a body color, and to attempt to smooth out the textured black top.
The stock black top is slightly textured so it takes sanding and a several quotes of primer to prep. A shop will charge several hundred dollars for the extra prep but the painted tops usually carry a premium so it may be a wash.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Does the body color matched hard top only come with the Sahara? Or is it an add on that any model can add?
Was an add-on for the 2015 HR @ $1000.:iamhappy:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Does the body color matched hard top only come with the Sahara? Or is it an add on that any model can add?
Keep in mind, the only body colored items that come with a Sarhara are the fender flares. The Freedom 3 pc. body color top for a 4 dr. is an $1895 option. I would check with a dealer and see what other models have the body colored top option.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Was an add-on for the 2015 HR @ $1000.:iamhappy:
Its $1,000 over and above the dual top option.

It jumps up to $1,500 without the dual top option.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I would just have a body shop paint it. I had a 78 Bronco they sanded the top smooth and painted. Looked fantastic until some drunk hit me and destroyed the truck.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Maybe ask your dealer if they would swap out. They may have a customer that would prefer a black top instead of a white top. It never hurts to ask..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts