Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Hammer and dolly for most of it. Possibly a slide hammer for the corner. Or......hide it all under body amour.

·
Registered
222 Posts
You purchased the Jeep that way.... it tells me you like battle scars.... Your Jeep is not a MALL crawler.. I say drive it that way your JEEP is authentic proven in battle and survived.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You purchased the Jeep that way.... it tells me you like battle scars.... Your Jeep is not a MALL crawler.. I say drive it that way your JEEP is authentic proven in battle and survived.
Haha that's true. I do want to make some tube fenders... I thought it should be atleast semi steaight

·
Registered
303 Posts
Buy a heat gun ( ~ $25 ) and heat the metal up, then you can use a ball pean or body hammer and block of wood or metal to pund against. Heating the metal first before pounding it will help get the dent and creases out.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Haha that's true. I do want to make some tube fenders... I thought it should be atleast semi steaight

LOL I purchased my Jeep in January and have yet to wash it... I did not see a need... I threw a Zombie Response Team tire cover and some Zombie stickers and good to go... Good Luck with the Jeep I love mine and who cares if I dont have A/C Ill sweat this summer and love it.:beerdrinking:

·
Registered
355 Posts

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Just because it is a jeep doesnt mean it has to look like $h*t. That body damage doesnt prove anything other than that some idiot who didnt know how to offroad properly bashed it off of some rocks.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Just because it is a jeep doesnt mean it has to look like $h*t. That body damage doesnt prove anything other than that some idiot who didnt know how to offroad properly bashed it off of some rocks.
I'm with Pittsburg on this one - mine has a slightly crunched rear corner. But I'm looking to get it fixed or to cover it with body armor.
I would rather have people look at it and go "damn that thing looks sleek and tough!" Rather than saying "looks like a piece of trash".

It's all personal preference. PRESERVING a Jeep, involves fixing imperfections. Not just blowing it off.

Play with the Jeep all you want, but if something breaks or is bent - fix it. It's the right thing to do. Dents show nothing but a lack of care.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Got my new yj tonight and the tub is super rough.. Just wondering what I should try and do with this..
By the way - I believe Quadratec or 4WD sells a replacement corner! In your case you might be better off purchasing the new piece (isn't expensive) and just replacing it. You can never get crushed metal back straight like it used to be. Best not to waist your time and money trying to "fix" something that could be easily replaced.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts