Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I got a great deal on a 2013 JK Sport back at the beginning of September. It had everything I wanted except an LSD and 3.73 gears. I'm a college kid who uses my JK as a DD and some trails. I'm thinking about saving up and getting a Detroit Truetrac in the rear while also regearing up to 3.73 at the same time. So my questions are:

1. Will a Truetrac be a good option for trails and snow driving?
3. When regearing both axles have to be done, correct?
2. I don't plan on lifting or upping the tire size for a while so when it's geared up to 3.73 will I also have to get the speedometer or other devices recalibrated as well? It's an automatic btw.

Any other advice or information would be appreciated as well!

Thanks

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
#1 - Yes
#2 - Yes
#3 - Yes (ProCal will do the job)

I know it is late now....but the term "great deal" changes a bit if you have to add $2000 in mods to it. With that said, Truetrac >>>>>Trac-Loc.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I'd base your regear on the largest tires that you ever plan to run. You only want to regear once and 3.73s are not that much of a jump from 3.21s for the cost. I'd do at least 4.10s which will give you the flexibility to run larger tires up to 35". If you never plan to go with larger tires, maybe you don't even need a regear. A Detroit Truetrac would be a nice traction improvement over stock.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts