Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, been lurking for a while now to do the research on what exactly I want done to my Jeep. I have an '08 JKUR, and have decided on the 3.5" Rock Krawler X Factor.

I believe, from what I've read, that it is likely I might experience a fair amount of bump steer given the ride height, and so to prevent that had decided on doing a drag link flip kit with this lift install at the same time. And I really just want to make sure I understand what this kit comes with and what I need to order as well to get this done.

I was thinking of getting the Synergy Drag link flip kit as it adjustable without removing, and that comes with a front track bar relocation bracket which will move the front TB up 3", meaning that I should also move the rear track bar up 3" as well to correct the geometry?

My question is this: the rear TB bracket that comes with the kit is designed to move it back an inch, correct? So do I need to purchase another kind of bracket to correct the geometry and move it up 3" as well? And would I be using both of them or just the one to move it up?

·
Super Moderator
53,784 Posts
A bracket is a bracket. The RK rear bracket moves the TB up 3". Thats all you have to worry about. W/ the 1" stretch the swaybar needs to be moved back.

Check out the Yeti drag link with reverse taper mount (no drilling required to mount the DL over the knuckle. You will still need a TB bracket, I recommend Synergy's which also comes with the drivers side SB tab.

Heres a link for the Yeti

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey thanks, I'll check it out!

Can I ask why you run the stock length rear arms? Are they RK and just the shorter version?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hm, interesting. I think you may have me hooked on the Yeti drag link.. can't afford the tie rod yet though. :)

One last question (no promises), you referred to an SB tab on the Synergy bracket... What is that, I don't think I'm familiar?

·
Premium Member
1,815 Posts
I have an '08 JKUR with the 3.5 RK X Factor Lift. I am running the Synergy drag link flip kit along with the Synergy sway bar tab but I use Reid Racing Knuckles so I did not have to drill the knuckles when I flipped the drag link. I also run the Synergy tie rod but my front track bar is the Teraflex HD track bar. I used the RK rear track bar bracket that came with the RK X Factor lift kit and had it welded on after we installed the lift for my Jeep.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts