Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did some searching and I am quiet confused...I would like to know how to find out if I have a lift and if so, how high of a lift I have on my Jeep. I have a 2008 Unlimited Sahara, which I purchased about a year ago, I believe that there is a lift on it as it seems to sit higher than other Jeeps when I am parked next to one. I would also like to know what size of tires I can fit under my baby...would like to get some different rims (perhaps Moto Metal MO956 or TIS 535V), 18" and some more aggressive tires. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Attached a few pics. :happyyes:

Attachments

Vendor
I did some searching and I am quiet confused...I would like to know how to find out if I have a lift and if so, how high of a lift I have on my Jeep. I have a 2008 Unlimited Sarah, which I purchased about a year ago, I believe that there is a lift on it as it seems to sit higher than other Jeeps when I am parked next to one. I would also like to know what size of tires I can fit under my baby...would like to get some different rims (perhaps Moto Metal MO956 or TIS 535V), 18" and some more aggressive tires. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Attached a few pics. :happyyes:
It looks to me like you have maybe 2" or lift? 1.5"? Take a few shots of the coil springs. If you have spacers you can measure them to know exactly how much lift you have. If you don't, you can measure the springs versus stock specs (I forget what they are) and calculate lift from that.

It looks like you could fit 35's under it clearance wise. You want to make sure you get wheels with the proper backspacing for the size and width of the tires you want to get.

Let me know if you have questions!

-Ryan

Supporting Member
I agree. Looks like it is lifted. I too agree it doesn鈥檛 quite look like it is 2.5鈥. I see a red shock boot so probably Rancho shocks. I would venture to guess a spacer lift and some shocks.

As for the wheels and tires, just a heads up, tires for 18鈥 wheels are a lot more expensive than tires for 17鈥 wheels or smaller. You could probably get new tires and 16鈥 wheels for the cost of new tires alone for 18鈥檚. That being said if you have the budget and like the look go for what you want. Myself or Ryan can hook you up with a complete coil lift (if you wanted) and the wheels/tires of your choice.

Another thing to consider if you do go with 35鈥 tires is gear ratio and spare tire carrier.

-Dan

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies thus far, I am at work and plan on giving her a scrub down and trying to check the lift again afterward. I tried measuring the coils, but got confused, so I will look at what Ryan said and give that a try. If anyone knows of any other way to measure the lift, that is "dummy proof", feel free to pipe in. As for the tires and rims, I want to keep the size that are on there, 18" and wrap some 33's around, with enough clearance not to rub and be fully functional to take her off road. :) I would go smaller rims, but don't want to have to do any alterations. Thanx again!

Super Moderator

take this measurement on yours and subtract 18.5" from it and that is your approximate lift

Registered
Definitely check to see if you have coil spacers as it'll be the easiest to find out how much lift you have if you do. A JK can fit down to 16in rims with no issues, and some 15s depending on the brand. I can tell you right now the PO of mine had 18in alloys and when I got new tires I dropped down to new 17in rims, much much cheaper.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
AWESOME, thank you all....I greatly appreciate all the feedback....hmmmm, may have to think of dropping to 17" rims then! :)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok, so I measured the top of the shock to the bottom on the front and it was about 23"...still a bit confused on how to get the correct measurement of the lift I have...ughhh......here are some more pics, let me know what I should do next, thanks all. :)

Attachments

Premium Member
Looks like possibly a skyjacker shock by the color.

Super Moderator
measure the bump stop on the lower front spring perch. looks like a 3" lift or so.
kind of looks like a Bilstien steering dampner shock.

Super Moderator
based on your numbers I would say 2.5"

Registered
Looks like skyjacker shocks as well so my guess is its their 2.5" lift kit. Do you see any numbers on the shocks?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I will check and see if there on any numbers on the shocks tonight...thank you all for your help and insight...it is all greatly appreciated! :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts