Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a new two door JK big bear. It comes with bigger tires and looks like it has a little bit of a lift but it could just be the bigger tires making it look that way. I want to give it more of a lift around 2-3 inches but don't know if it will make that much of a difference from where I am now. My budget is around 500 so it looks like either the rough country or zone off road lift is where Ill be. Any input?

Here's what mine looks like right now stock

New 2017 Jeep Wrangler Big Bear for sale near Providence, RI | 1C4AJWAG7HL633945

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
I think most responses are going to be to double your budget and get Terraflex, AEV, JKS, or pretty much any other lift in the $1000 price range. $500 lifts are usually going to cause more headaches than they are worth, especially considering that you're putting it on a $30k + vehicle.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,343 Posts
While the stock Big Bear tires do look bigger it is because they are LT265 vs LT255 on the Willys Wheeler and Rubicon models and P255 on the Sport S. However because the 255mm wide tires are 75 ratio they are all 32" tires, whereas the LT265 tires on the Big Bear are 70 ratio tires (LT265/70R17), they are 31.6" tall. Thus the appear bigger and are wider they are a touch shorter in height.

Most Jeepers when they put a lift onto a Jeep it is with the intention of putting on taller tires (going to at least 33" and many to 35"). Putting a lift on without the taller tires will have the effect of making the tires look small because you will have more space between the top of the tire and the fender. You will not gain any additional ground clearance because the axles will still be the same height as stock.

If you intend to raise the Jeep, you need to factor in new larger tires as well. If you raise the Jeep without the larger tires, I think you will be disappointed in the visual effect on the Jeep.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have a Willy Wheeler and was thinking OME 2 inches with 33 inch tires. I heard good things about that brand

1 - 4 of 4 Posts