Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on going into the dealer tomorrow to purchase a commando green JKU. I have learned so much for. Hanging around observing this forum, but i do have a few questions about negotiating with the dealer.

First question is should I expect the dealer to give me more of a price break on a 13' if he knows I wouldn't mind holding out for a 14? I like commando green but it is not a must have. If I can get a better deal on a 13 and get it now I'd rather do that.

That being said, the vehicle I like is a 2013 sport, 24s package, 3.73, hard top, alpine, connectivity..... MSRP 32,965. Invoice 31,571. He has two identical ones sitting on the lot. To make it work in my financing, I need to get the vehicle for 28,500. This would leave my OTD price in the range i need. I am trading in a vehicle that has a trade value of around 8,500 but they are only offering 7. Am I way out of line wanting to asked have this vehicle at 28,500? I want to be reasonable, but I also don't want to pay much closer to the price of a 14'.

Any other words of advice when I go in tomorrow and try to get the vehicle I really want for the budget I have set? Fall back plan is a similar vehicle in 24c package, all other features the same. 30,540 MSRP, 29,412 invoice. What should I realistically expect to get down to on that vehicle if I need to go that route?

Thanks in advance, I know I am all over the place but I haven't death with the buying process in a while and would hate to feel like I left some of my hard earned money on the table. Thanks for any advice!

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
I think three thousand off of MSRP is what i heard people were getting in general before 04 was announced. With 04 coming out you should expect a better price from dealers. Good luck with the jeep, i hope it turns out in your favor.

·
Registered
5 Posts
As of this morning, i bought my very first jeep. Here is my tip. Be sure to check around neighboring states. Especially if you know exactly what you want. They will do everything over the phone. Your state plates and all. II struck a great deal with a dealer 400 miles away including a $500 fee to drop my jeep off in MY driveway! Good luck.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Im in the same boat and curious to know what you can get a 13 for now.... or just to wait it out for the 14. Decisions. Decisions.

Best of luck!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Last month I purchased a 2 door sport list 28,000 jeep rebate was 3,200 jeep priced at 24,800 plus tax rebate took care of the tax Ontario Can

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Best of luck to you too. I'll let you know. I can't decide where the line is between pull the trigger, or walk away and search some more....

·
Registered
44 Posts
Good luck!

We just bought a '13 with similar features that had a sticker price of 32,400 for 26,600. We went 160 miles for it since it was the exact one I wanted for the right price. Do your research and be prepared to get up and walk away.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good luck!

We just bought a '13 with similar features that had a sticker price of 32,400 for 26,600. We went 160 miles for it since it was the exact one I wanted for the right price. Do your research and be prepared to get up and walk away.
Where are u located? Where did you purchase? Thanks!!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I need help! First dealer acted like I was crazy ands aid the best he could do was to split the sticker and invoice with me. I walked there. Went to another that had a similar vehicle and he said he would do invoice on any 13'. I didn't push further I just told him I'd talk to him soon. How are some of you getting vehicles at 2000 less than invoice? These dealers don't seem that motivated.... Help!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I offered 28,500 on a vehicle that had an invoice o 31,400. He said I could t possibly expect him to "take a hit" like that .....

·
Registered
552 Posts
I offered 28,500 on a vehicle that had an invoice o 31,400. He said I could t possibly expect him to "take a hit" like that .....
So that is his first pass. Give him your phone # and walk away. You will get a call back.
But reading your OP, I think the answer lies in your trade in price. 7K offer is low ball. You could give him the same response he gave you. Get that trade in price up. Just make sure that no "reconditioning" fee is tacked on to the trade in. That is a common fee they use to make profit.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So that is his first pass. Give him your phone # and walk away. You will get a call back.
But reading your OP, I think the answer lies in your trade in price. 7K offer is low ball. You could give him the same response he gave you. Get that trade in price up. Just make sure that no "reconditioning" fee is tacked on to the trade in. That is a common fee they use to make profit.
Good points to have. Thanks!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok I have a deal on a sport with the options I want. MSRP 30,145. Invoice 29,060. Sales price 28,204. Seems like a decent deal, and the best I've gotten so far. What do you think?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I ended up getting a 14 and just used the TL affiliate program. I didn't mind only 1% under and the dealer did me real well. Even went about two hours to trade the jeep I wanted. I think sometimes saving a couple hundred more bucks isn't worth the time and giving up quality service. I was pleased with the service I received. Thanks for the insight!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts