Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys - I am new here and I havent owned a Jeep since I was in my twenties! Used to have an 86 CJ - been a looong time. Now I am 45 and I am ready to re-live my youth - I have been waiting for the NEW 2018/19 Jeeps to come out. I have some questions and any help would be appreciated...

1. Will there be a pick-up version in 2018 or ONLY 2019?

2. Will the pickup also be called the "JL" or will it be called something else?

3. WHY doesnt Jeep come out with a matte black color in 2018? I mean come ON - we have all seen plenty of Jeep owners either coat their trucks with black bedliner or have a matte black painted on. This is obviously VERY popular "Mad Max" look - is Jeep NOT aware of this?

4. I am waiting to get the pickup and I hope to build a YouTube following with updates as I add on to the Jeep - new video for each upgrade. Are there any affiliate programs where I can then add links in my YouTube description? Lets say episode 1 was on wheels - I'd love to be able to link to the product in and get a commission.

5. WILL the towing capacity IMPROVE? I hope to get a light smaller sized trailer to take my kids camping - BUT current capacity is 3500 - they gotta do better that that I hope? Do you think the diesel will improve towing?

6. I am REALLY hoping the back window in the pickup version is a power window that disapears below - like the back window of many modern trucks. One press and the back window goes down - hope Jeep thought of this too!

Would love to here from you experienced WranglerForum members on any of the above topics! Thank you in advance!

Mike in Castle Rock, Colorado

·
Registered
5,122 Posts
5. WILL the towing capacity IMPROVE? I hope to get a light smaller sized trailer to take my kids camping - BUT current capacity is 3500 - they gotta do better that that I hope? Do you think the diesel will improve towing?
If the pickup has coil springs in the rear the towing capacity will be low. If it is more truck oriented it will have leaves in the rear for stability hauling heavier loads. I wouldn't get my hopes up on it towing much, you could buy an actual truck like a Tacoma with tow package.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If the pickup has coil springs in the rear the towing capacity will be low. If it is more truck oriented it will have leaves in the rear for stability hauling heavier loads. I wouldn't get my hopes up on it towing much, you could buy an actual truck like a Tacoma with tow package.

Thanks! The Tacoma wont help me relive the "Jeep years" of my youth. Ive been waiting for this new model for a while now - I will settle for a nice hard sided pop up if I need too -- the Jeep is more important to me than camping! :)

·
Registered
33 Posts

The towing capacity probably will be relatively low (my WAG would be 5K) possibly due to rear coil springs or cooling capacity. Although the recent Rams have rear coils in both the 1500 and 2500 versions!

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
If the pickup has coil springs in the rear the towing capacity will be low. If it is more truck oriented it will have leaves in the rear for stability hauling heavier loads. I wouldn't get my hopes up on it towing much,
Considering the rear suspension on the mules is the same 5-link design of the RAMs, towing and payload are going to go up in the JT.

you could buy an actual truck like a Tacoma with tow package.
Tacoma sucks for towing and payload, why bother with that when you can get a real truck if those factors are your focus?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts