Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just finished installing an aussie locker in my dana 35. Everythings all buttoned up, RTV and cover is on, just no fluid yet, waiting the 24 hours for the RTV to dry. Its still on jack stands with the tires on. When i go to test the locker, the passenger tire spins and you hear the clicking of the locker. The drivers tire wont budge. But when i tested the locker before I closed everything up both tires spun as and the locker worked as it should. And I cannot get the rear drive shaft to move when I try to spin it by hand. The only thing that I can think is that the 2 pieces that hold carrier bearings in are too tight. I made sure to keep the sides and top/bottom correct when i removed them then reinstalled. As i said, it functioned just fine before I put those back on. Any ideas?

·
Registered
108 Posts
So I just finished installing an aussie locker in my dana 35. Everythings all buttoned up, RTV and cover is on, just no fluid yet, waiting the 24 hours for the RTV to dry. Its still on jack stands with the tires on. When i go to test the locker, the passenger tire spins and you hear the clicking of the locker. The drivers tire wont budge. But when i tested the locker before I closed everything up both tires spun as and the locker worked as it should. And I cannot get the rear drive shaft to move when I try to spin it by hand. The only thing that I can think is that the 2 pieces that hold carrier bearings in are too tight. I made sure to keep the sides and top/bottom correct when i removed them then reinstalled. As i said, it functioned just fine before I put those back on. Any ideas?
Skip the RTV next time and get a lubocker gasket. They require no RTV and they are reusable.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts