Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New here; new to any forum actually. I am looking to buy my first Wrangler and it will be previously owned. Still deciding on between 3.8 vs 3.6, TJ or JK, X, Sport, Sahara, Rubi, etc. I am not a mechanic and know little about what to look for to be safe in my purchase. I don't have a friend who is a mechanic nor have a mechanic I work with, so if I was to take it for an inspection and non-biased opinion it will most likely cost some $. I'm hoping I can get some valuable feedback to assist me in my pursuit of the right purchase. I've come across one I'm interested in: 2011 Sahara (low miles), 35's, stock gears are the 3.21, but dont' know if it was re-geared (I understand if it wasn't that is something I'm going to most likely want to have done), auto trans, and clearly lifted (supposedly 10.5" of ground clearance). Can someone tell me by looking at the attached pic if it has a suspension lift and/or body lift? What red flags should I be looking for in a used modified wrangler? How should it drive/handle lifted with 35's vs stock and how would a properly lifted (w/35's) wrangler drive/handle vs a problematic lifted w/35's wrangler? How should steering react (loose vs tight) ? Etc.? Thank you in advance for your time.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Usually if it's a body lift you will see seperation between the body and frame example, body separated from the bumper, that pic looks like a suspension lift, it should drive like normal if there's no problems, the wheel should be straight and not shake side to side and if it's 321's with 35's it would probably drag ass and feel slow with no get up and go, I run 35's on my 07 with 410's if I remember correctly and I definitely notice a difference but it's tolerable, jeeps aren't made for speed, I love mine and would never trade it, take it for a ride and see for yourself, I'm no expert just offering my opinion to the best of my knowledge

1 - 3 of 3 Posts