Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all i would like to say hi seeing that this is my first of hopefully many posts. :wavey:

I just bought a dark red 2011 Jeep Wrangler 2 dr last week, manual transmission with a hard top (figuring i would get a soft top later, looking around for recommendations) but that's not why i am posting.

The jeep has a little over 500 miles on it and all of a sudden a squeak or squeal has developed when i am driving down the road or when parked in the driveway. The squeak or squeal goes away when the clutch is pressed down. I am leaning towards going back to the dealer to get this fixed since it sounds like a throw-out bearing. The noise is annoying.

I could be wrong about the bearing so i am looking for opinions, suggestions?

Thanks

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
Congrats on your new Jeep. You're probably right. Take it in. I'm sure it's not going to be a problem for them to "replicate".

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, i have really enjoyed it this week and took the hard top off today to enjoy the outside. I need to add some stuff to it tho. :)

·
Registered
203 Posts
I have a little squeak when I hit the clutch, when I go over bumps. I took it to the dealer and they said it was normal and if I wanted I could bring it in another day and leave it. Small squeak coming from the drivers side underneath.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts