Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2006 Rubicon LJ with manual here.

A couple of weeks ago, I was doing some light wheeling and during that event the 4WD light on the instrument panel stayed on in 2H and went off in 4H. I found out by searching that the sensor switch/solenoid on top of the transfer case needed to be replaced. Have not done that yet.

So, yesterday, same place wheeling I put it in 4Lo and engaged both axles. At the end of the sandy hill I was coming down, the shifter was balky and I could not get it into 2H, meaning it would only go to 4H and then stopped.

Driving around, I did get it back into the full range...2H to 4Lo. But, the 4WD light wasn't coming on at all and when in 4Lo, the axles did not engage at all. No lights on the dash, nothing.

The only other thing that comes to mind is that a shop installed an Adams front driveshaft for me and I think, dropped the skid plate to get at the transfer case side bolts for the drive shaft. I don't know if this is par to the issue or not.

Is this still the solenoid issue? Or is it something else. Tried some key words to research this one, but no luck.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
If you have not modified the axle lock switch, the lockers will not work unless the transfer case switch indicates you are in 4L. So, if the switch is bad, your lockers may not work.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts