Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1) I'm looking to purchase and install a 1" body lift. In looking at the various brands/types, I've found ones made of polyurethane, nylon and metal. The cost difference between the them is not that much. Which material is preferable and what are the advantages/disadvantages of each?

2) When installing a 1" body lift is it necessary to also install 1" motor mount lifts?

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
It would be best if you did the MML at the same time as the BL, you're gonna have to make new holes in your fan shroud if you don't. there are 1" Prothane, 1" Daystar, 1.25" JKS, just to name a few, I think most of them are polyurathane.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
I installed a 1" bl by Performance Accessories. Got it at a good price, and it came with brackets that move the fan shroud so you don't have to drill holes.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Found it on ebay, brand new and unused.

Look around, you'll find them for less than retail.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
MCDavis said:
I installed a 1" bl by Performance Accessories. Got it at a good price, and it came with brackets that move the fan shroud so you don't have to drill holes.
I run the same, install was relatively easy.

·
Yipeee Kay Ayyy
2,839 Posts
I went with Currie BL spacers because they Alloy, not plastic - although it probably doesn't matter - just wanted to feel I had actually made a decision:D

Also wanted spacers that allowed keeping the factory rubber mounts.

Put in a Browndog MML at the same time mainly to keep the transmission linkages roughly where they should be.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I went with a Savvy BL. I like how it fits over the factory rubber mount. Also like how it keeps my rubber spacer under the corners of my grill. I didnt install a MML when I installed my BL.

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
I did my BL and MML separately and wished I'd done them at the same time. Messing with the shroud was a pita. Without the mml, my linkage popped like crazy even with the supplied bracket. Once the MML was installed I removed the bracket and the noise went away. Now all I need is the time to install my Novak linkage that just came in yesterday. :)

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Gary2 said:
I never noticed a 1 or 1.25" BL that didn't use the OE rubber no matter what the pucks were made of ?
"Pro-thane" body lifts do not use the oe crap rubber.. Have had mine on since 05' no cracks, no drips, no runs, no errors. Pro-thane products are a little more money but well worth it..! ;)

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Oh and for a 1" body lift, it's not really necessary to lift your motor..

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I was thinking about going with the Currie kit for the same reason (made of alloy), Wesboy. Like you said, probably doesn't matter but alloy would just seem to be stronger--and the price difference isn't much.

Any reasons to not go with alloy?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts