Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just looking for one quick response. Putting the Zone 3" lift on thursday and already have a 1.25 BL... should I still put on the 2" Bumpstop extensions or could I get away with trimming say, an inch off of them? Don't want to miss out on any vertical travel.

Thanks,
Ian

·
Registered
451 Posts
No way to tell unless you also mention the true height of your tires (not the nominal size, the actual diameter in inches).

·
Registered
583 Posts
KaiserJeep said:
No way to tell unless you also mention the true height of your tires (not the nominal size, the actual diameter in inches).
Sorry for the high jack, but iam thinking the same thing. I have a 4 inch lift with 33inch tire and bushwacker flares. I dont want to break the bushwackers when i disconnect. I bought a 1.5 inh extended bump stop wil it be enough? I measure from current bumpstop to axle i have around 6 inch and from tire to flate around 5 inches soo in theory it should work. What about in reality?

·
Registered
451 Posts
For a true 33" tire, you could either:

1) Run a 1.25" Body Lift plus a 3/4" bumpstop extension in the rear only.

2) Run no body lift and extend the front bumpstops 1" and the rear bumpstops 1.75" or 2". You can add a few fender washers to a 1.5" bumpstop and make it larger, and you can also cut the bumpstops shorter.

The Body Lift has other advantages and is the best way to go, in combination with a 1" Motor Mount Lift to reduce rear driveshaft angles.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I did what the goat said.

I have 2" rear springs and 3" up front. My 32" tire clearance was fine.

What needed the BS was the Rancho 9000's. 1.25" BS up front and 1.75" in rear.

Watch that rear Axle Trackbar mount also. Mine got real close to the tub.

So.....Tires aside make sure your Bumpstops work for your shocks/trackbars/etc. not just tires.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Thanks great info, will try that maybe tomorrow after i remove my angled tracbar bracket.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mark b said:
I did what the goat said.

I have 2" rear springs and 3" up front. My 32" tire clearance was fine.

What needed the BS was the Rancho 9000's. 1.25" BS up front and 1.75" in rear.

Watch that rear Axle Trackbar mount also. Mine got real close to the tub.

So.....Tires aside make sure your Bumpstops work for your shocks/trackbars/etc. not just tires.
I will look for that. Is it important to turn the front tires from side to side all the way to see if they rub the inner fender?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts