Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see some quick disconnect links are fixed and some are adjustable. I have a stock Jeep for now but plan a spacer or leveling kit to accommodate fat 33" tires in the future.

Can I expect a 0"-3" fixed disconnect length to hit a limit(extended or compressed suspension) if I'm at a stock ride height? Is an adjustable link far better?

Thanks

·
Administrator
42,601 Posts
It doesn't really matter whether you get a fixed or adjustable link as long as you get your sway bar level. The magic figure is + or - 5 degrees and if you have it beyond that, you are asking for trouble (I speak from experience). The advantage to the adjustable disconnects is that you can get them to the perfect length.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It doesn't really matter whether you get a fixed or adjustable link as long as you get your sway bar level. The magic figure is + or - 5 degrees and if you have it beyond that, you are asking for trouble (I speak from experience). The advantage to the adjustable disconnects is that you can get them to the perfect length.
The sway bar is the bar connected at the top of the link right? So that should be level.

·
Super Moderator
16,382 Posts
Front should be up... +6 degrees.

Rear should be 0 to -6 degrees.

The issue is shocks. If you are running long shocks the fronts could need to be up +12...

With a spacer kit and stock shocks your window is pretty large. I'd say anywhere from -5 to +6 is acceptable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts