Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told recently that swaybar disconnects for a JK were a bad idea when adding a lift because certain wires and tubes at the wheel are not long enough to allow for full flex extension. I had never heard this before. Is this true? If Sonia there a way to fix it as I have been informed disconnects are a super idea for more off road ability

·
Registered
952 Posts
Ive been discoed on a 2.5 and have had no problems :)

·
Registered
579 Posts
I was told recently that swaybar disconnects for a JK were a bad idea when adding a lift because certain wires and tubes at the wheel are not long enough to allow for full flex extension. I had never heard this before. Is this true? If Sonia there a way to fix it as I have been informed disconnects are a super idea for more off road ability
I don't think that makes disconnects a bad idea. It just means that if you start modifying (a lift for example) you are modifying. You might need to modify things like longer breather hoses, exhaust spacers, shafts, etc depending on how much you lift to get full use out of your mods.

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
That's a pretty big generalization and it depends on the lift amount. 2" or less and you should be fine. Anything above that there are simple ways to check and inexpensive fixes If you need them. The first thing that comes to mind is brake lines- relo brackets or extensions fix that. There is a huge difference between being disco'ed and not disco'ed off-road. The better way to look at it is to get your lift and quick disconnects and make sure you CAN use them- not whether or not you SHOULD. ( though you don't have to quickies (lol) they're worth it).

·
Registered
137 Posts
To test, disconnect your sway bar and check it out. If it's close, get some stainless brake lines.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts