Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 X with 31s and no lift. I do some mild trail riding and was wondering if the jks quicker disconnects would benefit me at all even with no lift.
Thanks for any info

·
Registered
805 Posts
Yes you'll be pleasantly surprised with a discod' front end what the stock suspension will do.

·
Registered
265 Posts
They're nice to have, but if you're weary about the price tag, there's threads on here for DIY quick discos as well.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Absolutely.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Absolutely.
x2 you can buy the pins for around $25 bucks to replace the bolts. that's what I did cause I am not gonna pay over 100 bucks for disconnects:nonono:

·
Registered
265 Posts
x2 you can buy the pins for around $25 bucks to replace the bolts. that's what I did cause I am not gonna pay over 100 bucks for disconnects:nonono:
25$ for cotter pins? I need to get into the hardware business where you're living :whistling:

The DIY discos are nice and cheap, just make sure you have some way to keep your links out of the way when disconnected and don't lose your bushings like I did :banghead:

·
Registered
136 Posts
25$ for cotter pins? I need to get into the hardware business where you're living :whistling:

The DIY discos are nice and cheap, just make sure you have some way to keep your links out of the way when disconnected and don't lose your bushings like I did :banghead:
Was just at the hardware store last night, $8 for Stainless Clevis pins, didn't check the other hardware needed, but for the entire thing it should come out to around $25.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Was just at the hardware store last night, $8 for Stainless Clevis pins, didn't check the other hardware needed, but for the entire thing it should come out to around $25.
I think mine came out to a total of 12.50. 4 washers, 2 pins and 2 of the hairpin style clips

1 - 9 of 9 Posts