Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short, local shop installed my TF 2.5" lift wrong. Instead of moving the rear stock 8" sway bars up front and replacing them with the new 10 3/4" sway bars, they installed them up front. I went to install TF 8" quick disco's up front and found they wouldn't fit. A quick call to TF and they told me the problem. Rather than take it back to this shop, TF is sending me 10" quick disco's to put on the front.

So now I have:
8" sway bars in the rear (stock)
10 3/4" sway bars in the front (TF)
8" quick disco's (not installed)
10" quick disco's (coming soon)

What would be my best option for install?
A. Install new 10" quick disco's in front leaving 8" sway bars in rear.
B. Move the 10 3/4 to rear, then install 8" quick disco's in front.
C. Install 10" quick disco's in rear then 8" quick disco's in front.

Or is there a better option I'm missing?

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
You want your sway bar arms level. You prolly need the 10 3/4 at the back and the 8" discos up front. disconnect both links, swing the sway bar up and put a small level on it, then measure your center to center distance.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
I would do B. Correct quick disco's in front, then correct links in rear.

Thanks me tho.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That is the way it should have been done to begin with. Should have looked harder at shops a little further out and not settled on the one right down the street.
Thanks guys, that's what I will do!

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Getting ready this weekend to install quick disco's correctly.
Could use some tips. I'm not mechanically inclined but can figure it out with some help.
Can the front and rear be replaced while jeep is on the ground or do I have to jack it up and remove tires? Not sure if there is any kind of load on the links that would prevent me from removing them without jacking it up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts