Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting nervous here with all these humidity storms popping up. When the doors are on the soft-top is quick to put up, but nervous leaving with the doors off. I know I can buy full covers (but, they don't work with soft top up)

Is there anything that just covers the doors? I contacted quadratec and they thought it was a good idea and passed it on to product development.

·
Registered
952 Posts
if you plan to wait the storm out, you can use tarps and bungee easy enough. I bought a full cover and boy did I regret it. Ended up making a bathtub in the jeep (I now run with no drain plugs). They are only meant for light storms and short times. Not worth it IMHO. Harbor freight and $15 gets you the tarp and bungee :) again, put top up, tarp over door openings and top, bungee underneath. I live in Florida, sunshine 1 minute, rain the next.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if you plan to wait the storm out, you can use tarps and bungee easy enough. I bought a full cover and boy did I regret it. Ended up making a bathtub in the jeep (I now run with no drain plugs). They are only meant for light storms and short times. Not worth it IMHO. Harbor freight and $15 gets you the tarp and bungee :) again, put top up, tarp over door openings and top, bungee underneath. I live in Florida, sunshine 1 minute, rain the next.
you saying the image above cover, won't hold up to a big storm? It will pool?

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I have, but how easy are they to get on/off? Can you store them in trunk?
Literally in seconds. All 4 doors can be stored inside with the rear seat down. With the windows off the bottom door part everything can be stored in the truck area with the back seat up.

·
Premium Member
694 Posts
Literally in seconds. All 4 doors can be stored inside with the rear seat down. With the windows off the bottom door part everything can be stored in the truck area with the back seat up.

I just installed front soft doors from bestop. It would literally take about 20 seconds to get out of the jeep, take the doors off, and put them in the back of the jeep. Super easy.

·
Premium Member
694 Posts
Can you store the doors in the trunk? Well, if you had a 4 door?
The doors are 2 piece, so if you can fit your back window in the trunk, then these will fit. Back of s 4 door with no problem.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts