Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I gotta lift my tailgate up a couple inches as i close it because the weight of my tire pulled the tub apart a little. My question is, how hard of a fix is it? My guess is that i can just weld it back together. Any input would help a lot!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
yes,just clamp it back in position and weld it...then loosen the hinge bolts on the tail gate,raise your tailgate just a hair higher than it needs to be and tighten the bolts..it will probably sag back to where it needs to be..if not adjust accordingly..you can also adjust the latch striker bolt if needed

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Or convert to a drop down tailgate. I used swag off road's kit but you can fab your own with parts from home depot. And get a bumper mounted tire carrier.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
00tj2 said:
Or convert to a drop down tailgate. I used swag off road's kit but you can fab your own with parts from home depot. And get a bumper mounted tire carrier.
If i had a hard top i would just convert it, but i feel like its pointless with the soft top. Idk why.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Just clamp it and weld it. I like the picture now everyone can see what happens when u have an over sized tire on a stock spare tire holder. Everyone thinks its fine just because it fits. Thanks for the post hope people take notes

1 - 5 of 5 Posts