Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lost my 2012 altitude do to NJ storms as well as most of my home. Dont want to sound crazy but amongst everything else that's going on I'm looking for a new silver altitude. Found one, with the exact same options but it has 3:21 gears not 3:73 like I had. Dealer said it would void the warranty to change the gearing even by the dealer. If anyone has info on 3:21 on a 2012 please let me know ASAP. Thanks

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
Lost my 2012 altitude do to NJ storms as well as most of my home. Dont want to sound crazy but amongst everything else that's going on I'm looking for a new silver altitude. Found one, with the exact same options but it has 3:21 gears not 3:73 like I had. Dealer said it would void the warranty to change the gearing even by the dealer. If anyone has info on 3:21 on a 2012 please let me know ASAP. Thanks
Sorry about your loss.

The dealer lied...

The only part that "could" be voided is if something that was directly related to the change went bad. If you alternator goes out, you gears didn't have anything to do with that. The dealer can't void you warranty.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Do u wheel a lot or is this your DD. If u dont get tires bigger then 33s 3.21 is fine. I have those gears with no complaints, if u r set on 3.73 keep searching.

·
Registered
863 Posts
The saler meant it will void the warranty for the differential. The vehicle will still have a warranty for everything else!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did ask him to clarify whether I'd lose my powertrain warr and he could not answer. I just made a call and found a mw3 in silver fully loaded for 38,999 reg price was 43, 715. Is this a good price considering it's a 12.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds like the guy just didn't want to change the gears. To answr a question, it's a daily driver but may change rims/ tires later

·
Registered
552 Posts
I have 3.21 and they are great for a DD. When your in hills it down shifts a little more offten than taller geared jeeps. But on the freeway the MPG is At least 21 Ive seen 25 before, that was only once and I had a bit of a tail wind. But 21-22 all day every day on the freeway.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts