Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys, I have a 2.5in suspension lift and a 1.25BL. Rough country has some quick discos that fit a lift from 2.5 to 3.25, does that just apply to the suspension lift? Or do I need to get a bigger size?

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
Where do the sway bar links attach? One end attaches to the axle, the other end attaches to the sway bar, which is bolted to the frame via the retention bushings. Therefore, the height of the body relative to the frame has no bearing at all on sway bar link length.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Okay guys, I have a 2.5in suspension lift and a 1.25BL. Rough country has some quick discos that fit a lift from 2.5 to 3.25, does that just apply to the suspension lift? Or do I need to get a bigger size?
Sway bar links or quick discos are not related to body lifts. Just the amount of suspension lift

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Where do the sway bar links attach? One end attaches to the axle, the other end attaches to the sway bar, which is bolted to the frame via the retention bushings. Therefore, the height of the body relative to the frame has no bearing at all on sway bar link length.
Okay okay okay... So the front sway bar is attached to the frame, so the 2.5-3.25in quick discos will fit? Right?

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Yes. No problem

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
Of course they'll fit. The sway bar rotates in the retention bushings so they'd fit even if they were far too long or too short.

Another question you should be asking yourself is, "why does the length of the link matter?" and "what determines that?"

Details details.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Of course they'll fit. The sway bar rotates in the retention bushings so they'd fit even if they were far too long or too short.

Another question you should be asking yourself is, "why does the length of the link matter?" and "what determines that?"

Details details.
Why does the length of the link matter??? :popcorn:

·
Registered
519 Posts
Geometry, your sway bar functions in a twisting motion so you want to keep the sway bar ends at a 90 degree angle to the sway bar links allowing the axle load to produce a linear twisting load on the sway bar.
Get to far from 90 degrees and your applying more force to the sway bar mounts than the bar and binding the suspension.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
What should be discussed here as well is why you should bypass disconnects altogether. ;) Take that money for the discos......put it aside and save up for an Antirock or ORO swayloc.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Geometry, your sway bar functions in a twisting motion so you want to keep the sway bar ends at a 90 degree angle to the sway bar links allowing the axle load to produce a linear twisting load on the sway bar.
Get to far from 90 degrees and your applying more force to the sway bar mounts than the bar and binding the suspension.
Bingo. Another way to measure it is the swaybar should be angled slightly upward at 10 degrees +/- 5 degrees from flat, level ground.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
What should be discussed here as well is why you should bypass disconnects altogether. ;) Take that money for the discos......put it aside and save up for an Antirock or ORO swayloc.
I agree with this. While I don't resent my disco's, I really wish I had a nice Antirock under there right now. Oh well, you live and you learn I guess. I'll just sell them down the road once I finally get an Antirock.

·
Commercial Member
5,792 Posts
Well I happened to get a set of skyjacker double discos for free and was looking at installing them. Money is tight and while the anti-rock is awesome not possible right now. I'm thinking the discos are too short for my lift though so I will do some angle measuring to figure it out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts