Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

I have a few quick questions. I'll be purchasing a new-to-me vehicle soon and am basically set on a wrangler. (i've always wanted one, but fell in love recently when I got to drive one all day on and off-road, and my current car is dying).

I'm pretty set on a TJ due to price, availability and price and availibility of modifications.

Now for my questions....
Are the '05 and '06 Unlimited still considered TJs, or some other body style?
Also, the 6cyl motor in the '05 '06 Unlimiteds, is that still the same I-6 as in the regular TJ's? I was under the impression that it was, but when i check dealer websites some say just 6 cyl, or V-6.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-jordan

·
Knows a couple things...
49,386 Posts
The Unlimited is an 'LJ' not a TJ but is otherwise pretty much the same exact vehicle other than its longer wheelbase. The Unlimited also comes standard with the highly desireable much stronger Dana 44 rear axle that is only an option in the TJ. The six cylinder engine is the same 4.0L used in both the TJ and LJ Unlimited. It wasn't until 2007 that Jeep went to the 3.7L V6. :)

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
The I-6 is what all Jeeps, with sixes have, up until 07. Then they started putting in the V-6. The unlimited has the same engine as the shorter wheel base. It has the letter designation, of LJ, before the 07 models. Hope this helps.

Oops, sorry Jerry, double post.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts