Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
3,287 Posts
Sorry for the lack of help Nick. Try looking around the forum. You.should be spending atleast a grand on a lift that height. There are really good kits out there that are proven tough. That one you listed, I've never heard.of. .02

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts
No ABS extension brackets or longer front sway links? At that height, this kit is not a good option without more parts.

·
Banned
3,287 Posts

·
Insert something witty...
596 Posts
Nick,

It may be more money then what you intend on spending. But if you take a look at Teraflex they produce amazing suspensions and they are probably one of the most popular.

Their most famous and popular kit is probably the 2.5" Coil Lift with Shocks.

While I do not recommend their shocks, Bilsteins are a great alternate and popular choice.

Teraflex 1251000 - TeraFlex 2.5" Lift Kit with Shocks for 07-12 Jeep® Wrangler Unlimited JK 4 Door - Quadratec

$730 bucks.
This is my exact setup, with the Bilsteins in place of the TeraFlex shocks.

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
If you've got to spend less, I'd go with a budget boost (coil spacers) rather than a brand of cheap coils.

A budget boost will keep your current coils in place, so you know you're not actually swapping in LOWER quality parts. Something like this: Jeep JK Wrangler Suspension Lift.

In a few years when you've got some more cash, you can replace it with a coil lift that actually replaces your stock coils.

Provided though that if you can afford the $700+ kit now, it will be better and you should get it. I have the 2.5" TeraFlex coil lift linked above, but added Old Man Emu shocks. It's great and much better than the budget boost I linked here. My point is just that if you've got to go "discount," I'd do it with a budget boost rather than some never-heard-of coils. Who knows where those things were made or how they'll hold up.

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts
Agree with pluke on the TF kit. It's what I'm running too and I am using the shocks that come with it. No problems or complaints. The 2.5 coil kit nets nearly 3" up front and a little over 2" in the rear. It's pretty high for a two door and works great whether or not you add heavier bumpers etc.

·
Supporting Member
2,420 Posts
ORV is Rugged Ridge and their shocks suck something else. I know, I have them. I would look at other kits such as the Teraflex one or the Rock Krawler stock mod and some good shocks.

-Dan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts