Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where a good more inexpensive place to get the oem subwoofer and amp combo for the center console. thanks

·
Registered
51 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
better luck goin aftermarket

·
Drives by Braille
13,642 Posts
It would prolly be a better idea to go with something like this: JVC CS-BB2 Compact powered subwoofer at Crutchfield.com

They actually ound really nice with an aftermarket head unit. I might end up getting one or two of those down the road because I like a little bit of bass, but with a factory Sub/Amp your only going to get so much. I would be wiser to get a powered sub or a better matched sub-amp combo for the best sound.

·
Drives by Braille
13,642 Posts
yeah - they pretty good... but if the Jeep is a soft top or no top its kinda hard to hear them. Thier sound isn't best when turned up, they tend to distort quite a bit. I'd rather go with something under the front seats.

·
Registered
8,377 Posts
How about 2 subs in the doors? I installed a radio in a VW Jetta the other day with subs (6" i think) in eash door.. man this thing pounded harder than my first 12" Infinity sub. You can allways add a connector that you disconnect when doors off. I was thinking of installing some speakers in my doors but instead i moved the stock sound bar in front and make my own sound bar to fit 2 6x9s for the back. They do pound preatty hard with the stock radio and the sound of a good surround set up just gives me goose bumps :). (car domain pg 3 for pics) I do have another sound bar just like my custom one for sale so pm me if interested

·
Drives by Braille
13,642 Posts
subs in a TJ's door? lol Reasn it works soo well for a car is that its a tighter seal. You'd rattle all the plastic off a door as thin as a Wranglers... but I'd think about some small kickers down under the dash for subs that small... and with the righ power rating and matching amp, they'll sound great.

·
Registered
8,377 Posts
thats cool :) i'm just giving ideas here obviously :) maybe the center console idea really IS the best place for a sub... a custom box made just for it with out any space there for a compartment?

I have a hard top so i'm thinking my trunky is the best place with downfiring subs.. if you wanna go big sound, remove the rear seat and stick a sub there or put sub box in the foot rest of the people in the rear?.. Its a convertable after all...

·
Registered
858 Posts
triple88a you have some cool stuff on your car domain page. i really like your home made sound bar and i bet it sounds great.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts