Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a 300 mile drive today and currently only have my drivers seat in my jeep as I've been working on my interior recently, more to the point I was trying to think of a way to have a quick release system to easily remove and then put back in the front seats. I have got nothing on it I was trying to think and I think I had thought of an idea but I am to brain dead to remember it haha. Has anyone ever heard of this, is this a thing? Or am I just absolutely insane?

EDIT: To clarify this is without using tools and suck just something doable with your hands alone.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I have thought about it also. I thought about putting something like hood pins on mine for quick release seats but i didn't do it because I was worried if the pins would hold up in an accident or a hard fall on a trail.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I would want my seat attached as securely as it could be. I don't even know what that seat weighs but imagine what it could do to you in an accident. Imagine that much weight and momentum pushing you into your seatbelt or worse your dash. This is not a good idea in my opinion.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would want my seat attached as securely as it could be. I don't even know what that seat weighs but imagine what it could do to you in an accident. Imagine that much weight and momentum pushing you into your seatbelt or worse your dash. This is not a good idea in my opinion.
Yeah, this is what's been sitting in my mind about it. In my road-weary state yesterday this sounded amazing, I mean Nobel prize worthy but now it sounds like making my car more of a deathtrap than it already is. If only....haha:rip:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts