Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like the Bestop Trektop NX on my JK, but I also like to go fully topless/doorless on nice summer days. I though I would need to upgrade to a Trektop NX Glide until I came across this tip:

·
Registered
344 Posts
It works pretty well. I kinda thought mine looked like I had a mini spoiler on top. But it doesn't flap and stays in place. Its an easy way to get the topless feeling.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I suppose there'll be a big bump along the top of the sound bar from the bunched up material.. But it's a small price to pay for the sun.

I haven't done it yet.. I just got the Trektop and it's only in the 50's here, so I've got another month or so before it's really nice. My plan is to secure the windows in the back (I have no back seat). Then, if I'm fairly far from home and an unexpected rain storm pops up, I can zip everything back together and stay dry.

I can't do that with the hard top and freedom panels sitting at home in the garage :)

·
Registered
821 Posts
Big problem is what do you do with the side windows as they don't roll up much at all.
In a 2dr you are going to need all the space you can get.

With the Supertop the hard plastic corners are part of the top and fold inwards with the top and all of the windows can roll nice and tight and get tucked away.
You'll see in a few weeks.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Pretty slick.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
I do mine like that all the time. You can get the windows rolled up enough to fit in the back. I'm pretty sure mine are in the back in these pictures... along with some camping gear.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I did that quite a bit when I had my two door. I usually left the windows at home since I knew we were going to have nice weather for a while. I don't know why Bestop doesn't advertise that more.

·
Registered
135 Posts
This trick is not really possible on the new version of the Trektop NX, FYI.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I saw that Youtube video and ordered the Bestop Trektop Nx. Because I wanted that ability but not have to fork over OEM costs. I haven't installed it yet but the comment above that in the new versions it's not possible gives me concern. Why not?

Also the windows of the soft top itself are detachable so not sure why people above have concerns about putting them away? Take them off put them on the back seat or in the wheel well or something?

·
Registered
135 Posts
The new design has a bow that attaches to the rear roll cage. It is the same bow that the NX Glide uses. You can't easily fold it up and hide it under the decking.

It all depends on if you get the "All-new Trektop NX" (which is the rebranded NX Plus) or new old stock of the original Trektop NX.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts