Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to be getting a new front bumper to beef up the look of my Jeep (97) and it says it's about 100 pounds. I am just wondering if this is going to alter any of my driving or steering or anything....if the jeep will look like it's front heavy or anythhing. I am not planning on getting a rear bumper yet as I don't have the money for it so it will still be stock...

·
Registered
273 Posts
The condition of your springs will have a lot to do with how the heavier bumper will affect your Jeep. As far as sagging, find someone that weighs about 100lbs and have them sit on your front bumper.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hell, when I take the stock bumper off, it'll lighten the load anyway so it's not like it's gonna be too much more. Sorry for the dumb question.. Sometimes I amaze myself with how little common sense I have...haha

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Hell, when I take the stock bumper off, it'll lighten the load anyway so it's not like it's gonna be too much more.
Not a dumb question at all; the stock bumper actually weighs next to nothing compared to what you're looking at getting. I have never weighed it myself, but I have taken it on and off many times, and I can easily hold it with one finger. It's not much more than sheet metal.

The above advice about having someone sit on the front of your Jeep is actually a good idea; it should give you a good idea as to what the extra weight will do.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts