Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best compromise for someone who values least sound from an exhaust system that sits before or near the rear axle for the 3.6L engine? ...Both for a passenger as well as the outside. The space occupied by the stock muffler location will be filled with an auxiliary fuel tank for overlanding. Don't wanna disturb nature if I can avoid it.

·
Vendor
437 Posts
What you are going to want to do is to "stack" two mufflers in place of where the stock resonator is, if you have a 4 door.
I am running 2 of our mufflers in parallel, the first one is our Ultra Flo Welded ( you could also use our Super Turbo it would be quieter) and a 16" or so Race Bullet to clear the EVAP. Both in 2.5". There is talk of us making a quiet "rock crawler" system but as of now just that.

Good luck.
PS
Check out this thread.

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f147/eliminating-drone-897049.html#post16404433

·
Registered
295 Posts
Sounds interesting, no pun intended. I have the Ultra Flow 39522. What part number would I need to add to quiet it down a bit? How will it affect the performance, if at all?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Neat, never thought of that! Would stacking it have any hit on performance? HP gains/loss?

Are you recommending sku 39524 with 24215? Got clips in how that would sound like together?

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
I recently installed a Dynomax 39522 on my JKU I loved the compact size and high clearance but the sound was just god awful and drone was unbearable. I removed it after about 2 weeks and put the stock system back on. I wish I would have known about stacking mufflers I would have given that a try. I would love to have something smaller that tucked into the frame that was just as quiet or quieter than stock. I plan on cutting the floor out of the cargo area and doing some work would be nice to have a quite relocated exhaust.

Just wondering if anyone has ever installed exhaust baffles into a Jeep Jk exhaust.

·
Vendor
437 Posts
I am guessing you are running the "rock crawler" system? I really should have taken some before/after measurements on this. Most of the time it is a "custom" application. Next time I will have access to our JK's with this system is in Moab I will get measurements then.
Sounds interesting, no pun intended. I have the Ultra Flow 39522. What part number would I need to add to quiet it down a bit? How will it affect the performance, if at all?

Most likely very minimal. When I went from the "rock crawler" to this prototype my seat of the pants dyno didn't feel in loss. See below in bold too.

Neat, never thought of that! Would stacking it have any hit on performance? HP gains/loss?

Are you recommending sku 39524 with 24215? Got clips in how that would sound like together? Not really, Since we didn't try and fit 2 mufflers on a 2 door. I also prefer P/N 24246 since it is stainless.
Take advantage of our 90 day guarantee?
See below too!!!

I recently installed a Dynomax 39522 on my JKU I loved the compact size and high clearance but the sound was just god awful and drone was unbearable. I removed it after about 2 weeks and put the stock system back on. I wish I would have known about stacking mufflers I would have given that a try. I would love to have something smaller that tucked into the frame that was just as quiet or quieter than stock. I plan on cutting the floor out of the cargo area and doing some work would be nice to have a quite relocated exhaust.

Just wondering if anyone has ever installed exhaust baffles into a Jeep Jk exhaust. On the ULTRA4 race side, a lot of guys run our Race Bullet because of size restraints in their race cars and how compact the Bullet is. I do know guys have used baffles and they have helped a bit. How much? No clue but they did notice the change.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Cool, thanks for the reply and I and support you guys offer customers. Dynomax has been a great company to deal with, sadly the exhaust did not work out for me but I will looking to the suggestions and I might re-purchase at a later date.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Next time I will have access to our JK's with this system is in Moab I will get measurements then.
So is your guinea pig system a 39522 followed by a 24246?

Do you know which JK will have the prototype system in Moab? I'll be there for EJS and would like to take a peak underneath. Do you know if it will be one displayed at the vendor show? If it's top secret squirrel stuff, I understand. :censored: :)

·
Vendor
437 Posts
It incorporates parts from a 4 door "rock crawler" system. So the front pipe off the Y but modified, into the two mufflers, then uses our pipe out back.
The JKU that will have it on is mine so I will be there on Thurs or Friday, maybe both actually. I can PM you my # and you can reach out to me.

Also on my Rancho shock side you should think about demoing a set of our new shocks. :)

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f148/headed-to-the-2015-easter-jeep-safari-want-to-test-drive-our-new-rs5000x-shock-1108770.html

So is your guinea pig system a 39522 followed by a 24246?

Do you know which JK will have the prototype system in Moab? I'll be there for EJS and would like to take a peak underneath. Do you know if it will be one displayed at the vendor show? If it's top secret squirrel stuff, I understand. :censored: :)

·
Registered
265 Posts
what happened to this exhaust system? did dynomax kill it?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts