Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are they longer than the standard ( sport 32" tire ) shocks?
I have a 13 jku Oscar-Mike and putting a TF perf. ( coil ) leveling kit on. Are the Red Rubi shocks worth it on a small lift? or should I just pony up for a set of Bilsteins?

·
Registered
162 Posts
I know on the 2012 Rubi the shocks are adjustable. I used the standard rubi shocks after putting a 2.5" Rubicon Express Lift on. I would imagine the '13 is the same.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Move over...

:popcorn::popcorn:

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
:popcorn:Bump:popcorn:

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The real question is are the stock red rubi shocks suitable for a 2" lift. as I understand it, a Bilstein 5100 can provide more "droop" when combined with a longer coil. If the rubi shock is longer than the sport shock than it too would improve "droop".

·
Super Moderator
53,782 Posts
The real question is are the stock red rubi shocks suitable for a 2" lift. as I understand it, a Bilstein 5100 can provide more "droop" when combined with a longer coil. If the rubi shock is longer than the sport shock than it too would improve "droop".
Any shock that is longer will provide droop.
Droop is mostly shock travel.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
I have a stock sport here and it's the same 24"
I second this, just measured them. And i just realized something. My 7000's are the same extended length as the stock shocks. Poop. Shoulda got the longer ones :/

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
You get the 0-2 " ?
Yupp part #26's and 28's i believe. i only have a 2" budget boost and thought they would be ok, and they are. Freaking awesome. But i shouldve got the longer ones :/ especially with the disconnects i got coming. Srry to hi jack OP lol

1 - 20 of 36 Posts