Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
sorry for the question its probably been asked 100 times but iam new to this forum. I have 2010 wrangler 2 door hard top. Can anyone give me advise to what the best solution to add to Jeep the ability to carry 2 kayaks. From rack, crossbars and feet to the equipment needed for kayaks to rest upon and be secured? I was thinking about starting with the Congo rack as my base to start with-any advise
thanks in advance

·
Registered
286 Posts
For one or two kayaks, this is the way I chose to do it. It was installed by Rack Attack. It works beautifully, requiring lifting the kayak only to waist level. Much better that trying to get it all the way to roof level.

Basic Thule rack & crossbars with the mounts attached for the Hullavator:

Hullavator mount close-up attached to cross bar:

Hullavator attached to mounts:

Inside thumb mounts, 6 on each side. One is hidden by roll bar:

Kayak loaded on driver side, ready to be lifted into position. Very simple to do:

View from front. 4" clearance from fenders when loaded:

View from rear. 4" clearance from fenders when loaded:

Overall installation from the side:

Overall Installation from the rear:

·
Registered
25 Posts
I started out using a light bar and a removable T bar mounted in front of my spare, now I use the Gobi rack on my four door... I moved to the full rack so I could carry multiple kayaks, my cooler, and beach stuff. If you go with a full rack I strongly recommend the Gobi, they cost a little more but you get what you pay for!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts