Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have their radar hardwired? If so, can you post some pics of where you mounted the radar?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Here you go, not sure if you can see it real well. It's an aluminum bracket mounted to the rear view mirror with it hardwired into the power supply of the mirror.

·
Registered
88 Posts
jcirks said:
Here you go, not sure if you can see it real well. It's an aluminum bracket mounted to the rear view mirror with it hardwired into the power supply of the mirror.
What bracket is that?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Bill, your webspace is awesome. I am going to do the headlight upgrade in the near future.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Thanks guys.

Headlight upgrade is a must, with the IPFs we no longer have to turn on the fogs with the headlights to see and they project a little farther as well.

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
I didn't know Jeeps were fast enough to need radar dectectors.....;)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Ohh, Radar Detector......:doh:
Must the boating side of me, when I read the title of this string I was trying to figure out what someone would be doing with RADAR on their Jeep. Off-roading in a really heavy fog perhaps?

·
Registered
403 Posts
In the area I live in, traffic ticket revenue is the offset for other shortfalls in the local economy......I have a radar detector on my riding mower :D

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well I live in Houston and to get to any decent off road trails I have to take the highway out to the country (at least 40 miles out).

So the radar is mainly for the commutes on the highway. And of course taking road trips to the Hill Country where the JK seems to be at home. :dance:

·
Registered
849 Posts
No pics, but when i had a detector it was mounted on the upper right corner of the winshield with suction cups and the wiring went right behind the pillar panel and behind my glovebox to reach the mute button that i had underneath my steering wheel

1 - 17 of 17 Posts