Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
I just got my Jeep back yesterday from getting the rear main seal replaced, and since then I've noticed that while I sit in park the radiator fan speeds up hen slows down randomly. The engine temperature is staying steady at the normal range, so I'm unsure what's going on. Anyone got any clues?

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
Which year?

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
I believe so as well.. '12 and above has a variable speed fan... So it can run at 25% or 50%, and at 100%..

My 2007 is fixed speed, its either on or off, and doesn't turn on until about 208 degrees according to my TrailDash2.

·
Registered
6,202 Posts
You will find that the temp gauge on the dash doesnt really do much. It's not really showing you exactly what is going on in real time.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I believe so as well.. '12 and above has a variable speed fan... So it can run at 25% or 50%, and at 100%.. My 2007 is fixed speed, its either on or off, and doesn't turn on until about 208 degrees according to my TrailDash2.
Mines a 2009. So I assume it's fixed

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll probably take it by the shop that did the fox on the rear main deal and ask if they may have messed it up.

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
With a 2009 you don't have a "variable" speed fan, but you do have a low speed and a high fan speed. It will also turn off at speed with sufficient airflow. Make sure that the fan motor is clean. As long as you don't have any codes, it probably is operating normally.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Radiator Fan Shuts off Randomly

My radiator fan on my 08 JK keeps shutting off randomly. I tested the HSR, LSR, the fuse, and bench tested the fan. I even recently replaced the thermostat and the ECT, so it can't be those either. Any suggestions?? I keep over heating so this is a show stopper!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts