Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I know I have a radiator leak on the top driver side of the radiator. I can tell when my coolant gets low because my heat doesn't work as well and will only get HOT when I'm moving. I need to replace my radiator and am looking for suggestions on brands, pricing/deals etc.

Also, the door side vent is usually much colder than the middle vent. If I close the middle vent the door vent gets hotter but not as hot. Any idea why this may be?

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
OEM Mopar radiator tends to be the best replacement.

There are OEM aftermarket replacement alternatives which cost less, but the quality doesn't tend to be as reliable.

There are aluminum "premium" replacement aftermarket options which tend to come at a premium price where they also have been known to have quality problems where you can find yourself using their warranty where it isn't much fun swapping radiators to use that warranty. One of the few I've read good things about is the Griffin aluminum radiator, but it comes with a pretty expensive price tag but value often comes in the eye of the beholder.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I just had my leaking radiator replaced at the dealership for about $680. I'm going to let them warranty it for a little while.

My check engine light is still on for a cooling sys/thermostat perf error. I told them to check it, but they didn't replace it. I may replace it myself and see if it helps me out.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
765 Posts
Your heater core may be failing/blocked also if you are losing heat, especially on the driver side. Mine doesn't work well/at all on the driver side. I'm putting off replacing my heater core, but am pretty sure it will need to be replaced to get heat back......

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
I just had my leaking radiator replaced at the dealership for about $680. I'm going to let them warranty it for a little while.

My check engine light is still on for a cooling sys/thermostat perf error. I told them to check it, but they didn't replace it. I may replace it myself and see if it helps me out.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
its stupid easy to replace. get thermostat with housing. I got the dorman one:

https://www.amazon.com/Dorman-902-8...automotive&vehicleId=1&vehicleType=automotive

1 - 5 of 5 Posts