Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Drove my jeep home Friday night and parked it over the weekend(I know...blasphemy) I noticed Sunday afternoon a small puddle of antifreeze under her. I let the engine warm up to see if I had a pinhole leak in the return line, or if my cap was leaking, nothing until I shut it off. Noticed very calm steam vapors coming from here the passenger side the radiator. Return hose is dry, cap is dry, but I got juices dripping from where you see in the pic. My coolant reservoir is a little low, but not less than half. I'm guessing a new radiator is about to be purchased...any advice?

Thanks!
Chris

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey guys,

Drove my jeep home Friday night and parked it over the weekend(I know...blasphemy) I noticed Sunday afternoon a small puddle of antifreeze under her. I let the engine warm up to see if I had a pinhole leak in the return line, or if my cap was leaking, nothing until I shut it off. Noticed very calm steam vapors coming from here the passenger side the radiator. Return hose is dry, cap is dry, but I got juices dripping from where you see in the pic. My coolant reservoir is a little low, but not less than half. I'm guessing a new radiator is about to be purchased...any advice?

Thanks!
Chris
I just bought a new (old) 95 rio grande. My mechanic said the radiator had some rot in the fins and it was just about to blow. I replaced it for about $300 bucks.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Depending on age, condition and whether or not you may think there are other spots that are getting set to let go, why not just take it to a radiator repair shop and have them fix it?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Celtic said:
Depending on age, condition and whether or not you may think there are other spots that are getting set to let go, why not just take it to a radiator repair shop and have them fix it?
Yeah, planning on calling shops around here today(if any are open) to get quotes. However, I live in fairly rural area, prices are a bit steep than in say Phoenix. I did find a new complete unit(minus cap) on Amazon for around $108 with free shipping. But definitely going to get shop quotes first. Thanks!

Oh yeah, it's the original radiator, has a manufacture stamp on it that says 94

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
Are you sure it's not just pushing out due to the clamp. That looks like an oem clamp, if there is one on there. Hard to tell. That would definately fail after all of this time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts