Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 JKUR with about 46K. I recently started to smell the sweet aroma of radiador fluid after I shut the engine off. I can’t see any fluid leaks but I have seen the pink residue on the bottom side of the engine bay. That said, I probably have a small leak and will have to replace the radiator. For those of you who have replaced your radiator what did you buy and what has been your experience. I’ve looked at Mishimoto, Griffin, Cold Case, and a few other OE style replacements my local auto part store sells. Let me know what you guys recommend.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I bought the mishimoto and have had no issues.

I like the warranty and the installation was easy.

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
I saw the Cold Case at the off road show. Looks good but pricy.

·
Registered
22,228 Posts
I saw the Cold Case at the off road show. Looks good but pricy.
You think the Cold Case is pricy?.... Check out this wamma jamma.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bought the mishimoto and have had no issues.

I like the warranty and the installation was easy.
Yes, Mishimoto is up there with Cild Case. They both have a limited lifetime warranty. The cold case is a bit cheaper so I may go that route.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I just put a griffin in my '14, well made no issues so far but only been in a month or so. I did a flush of the rest of the system, new hoses and new tstat while in there as well. Ive heard pros and cons of each brand, and for OEM as well.

·
Premium Member
7,671 Posts
I went with a $200 all aluminium radiator from Prime cooling. The first one failed in a year but it did come with a lifetime warranty. When this happened I read an article by Champion radiators about how the new cooling fluids are causing problems for aluminium radiators. They only recommend green antifreeze. So I totally flushed my system, used green fluid and it is now 2 years and the radiator has been trouble free.

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
There is probably more jeeps out there with OEM radiators with 100K on them than anything else. Genuine OEM is probably not a bad choice, but possibly not the best..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts