Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy All,

Looking to find a replacement 1 Row all metal (aluminum, copper, etc, not too picky unless someone knows something I don't) radiator. I checked RadiatorBarn.com, Summit, Whitney, local joints, no luck. Any suggestions where I might locate one?

Thanks.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I always check you-pull-it yards first. You can save some serious funds this route if you plan on doing it yourself.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah a junkyard rad, that's what I would put in my pride and joy!! Try MoparPartsOnline.com stick with OEM. Or if you got a chunk of deployment money go to Aluminum Radiator, Performance Radiator, Cooling Products - Mishimoto Automotive pricey but pretty.

Thanks Doc, but a little pricey for me. B&B not an option, as I don't want someone else's crudded up crap going through my system. OEM sucks with the plastic tanks on them. Mine hasn't been out of the garage in a month and yesterday I noticed some drippage (no bore punch necessary) from the radiator. Opened the hood and fluid seeping out where the plastic is crimped to the metal. Seemed strange when it hasn't been driven in a while, but I reckon it was just a matter of time.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Try crimping it where it's leaking with a pair of pliers first before you rip it out, sometimes that will stop it for awhile. Also RockAuto Auto Parts has Vistapro oem rads made in America!! For like $150 or so. If you need a hand with anything I'm just up the 62. Oh and the bore punch reference made me remember old times fondly, and shoot coffee out my nose!

·
Jeeper
11,419 Posts
Rock Auto........ They are forum sponsors and very helpful and nice.... ;)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Try crimping it where it's leaking with a pair of pliers first before you rip it out, sometimes that will stop it for awhile. Also RockAuto Auto Parts has Vistapro oem rads made in America!! For like $150 or so. If you need a hand with anything I'm just up the 62. Oh and the bore punch reference made me remember old times fondly, and shoot coffee out my nose!
Surprising how many forum members in this area. (Up 247) :wavey:

·
Registered
450 Posts
I'm also looking to replace my 2001 Wrangler radiator, and with something with a metal tank. RadiatorBarn is the only place I've seen with a metal tank and it was a 2-row at that. All the 1-row radiators I've found have the plastic tank. Give a hollar if you find one.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Try the Mishimoto link above if you want a nice all aluminum rad, but they run about $400.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
So does the autozone special for $125!! Notvthat I would run either one though...

·
Registered
92 Posts
Look on eBay. There a lot of radiators in 1 row and 2 row all aluminum. I just replaced mine with a 2 row all copper from a local rad shop. He had it in stock and was very helpful. I would check with a local radiator shop and see what they can do for you.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Smaller tubes for the coolant to flow through assuming the thickness is unchanged.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts