Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning a frame off in the near future. But not today. And today the YJ developed a leak near the top of the radiator. I will try to fix it to get by till I do the frame off.

In the meantime, if it doesn't fix, (aluminum core) then the options are get a new one now, recore, take to the radiator shop :( or get a used one.

I am in Albuquerque, NM.

Any recommendations?

Dave

·
Registered
12 Posts
im just a high school student but for now you could do what i did i put a raditor in from a cherokee that my cousin gave me imade the brackets to mount it out of the stockers

·
Premium Member
3,316 Posts
You may want to look at RadiatorBarn.com. I've used them probably 10 times in the last 10 years for radiators on various projects. I always found them to be the cheapest price on all aluminum 2 and 3 core radiators. I think the last one I got for my Miata was $120 shipped and came with a 5 year warranty. Never had a bad experience with them.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
repaired?

The leak was where I could get at it, front of core near top. I drained it down, removed the fins from each side (most were gone right there), cleaned it good and applied JB weld. Will fill it back up tonight and see if it holds.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts