Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm an avid user of AMSOIL products and am planning a radiator flush for the first time and was wondering how much coolant to replace after I flush it out? Any thoughts or maybe a tutorial, lol :Thanx:

·
Premium Member
6,901 Posts
Look up the total coolant capacity in your owner's manual, add 1/2 of that amount of pure antifreeze. If that doesn't fill it up then alternate between adding water and antifreeze until it is full.

The reason I do mine this way is because there is still water left in the system after everything has been drained and flushed. Mixing that water with a 50-50 antifreeze mix will result in a less than 50% concentration when you're finished.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
You should use the correct MOPAR 50/50 mixture. Old-school amsoil didn't design their products specifically for Chrysler vehicles.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You should use the correct MOPAR 50/50 mixture. Old-school amsoil didn't design their products specifically for Chrysler vehicles.

AMSOILS site says its rated for these

Chrysler MS-7170, MS-9769

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Very helpful guys. We just bought it sans owners manual. But I downloaded one and got the numbers I need. Thanks again

1 - 7 of 7 Posts