Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a broadcaster who works for a radio station that uses HD Radio technology to provide a second channel of programming. I need to install an aftermarket HD Radio adapter so I can monitor the channel in the Jeep. the one I got transmits the HD signal on an FM channel through the radio antenna lead.

the adapter works using an antenna pass-through, where the vehicle antenna lead plugs into the adapter, then the adapter plugs into the radio's antenna jack.

I'd rather not pull the console apart to get to the back of the radio. been there, done that, in many vehicles for many years. but I'm not so young and nimble anymore, and I've only had the vehicle a couple of weeks.

so, finally the question: does anyone in the braintrust know if the antenna lead is reachable from an easier place than behind the radio. I don't have any problem with splicing the unit into the antenna lead from, say, under the passenger side dash for example. maybe there's another place to reach it as well?

many TIA...

·
Registered
128 Posts
Pull the glovebox out and feel up behind the radio. The antenna goes in the passenger side of the radio. You may be able to pull it from there and add your line to it. Pretty easy to pull dash if it comes to that though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts