Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I just got a 1992 wrangler and It has no radio in it at all, it doesnt have the harness or any of the wiring at all. What I was wondering is were would I even start with wiring up so I can put a aftermarket deck in it. Any help would be much appreciated thanks in advanced

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
An after market stereo has a harness that is color coded to each speaker and power and ground connections. So if you get an nice headunit you will have to run new speaker wires to the speakers. It sounds like its hard to do, but its easy to do.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Are you sure there is no factory connection for a harness in the deck area? If not you can run all the wire yourself, which I would totally prefer to do. Don't forget your power leads!

·
Registered
505 Posts
Does it have an antenna? If so, dig around in there behind the dash, I'm almost certain that you'll find the harness. It might be shrink wrapped, in fiber tape, or electrical tape. Look in a stock speaker location, and see if there's a speaker lead.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts