Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
No it's not a jeep thing. it sounds like a wire wasn't connected to let it work off the accessory position or even a loose connection. What i would do is check all your connections to the radio to see if a wire came loose or take back to the place where you had it installed if you had someone else install it.

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
If you put it in yourself, a common mistake is to not attach accessory power cord to the wire in the harness that says acc, or accessory. red usually.

·
Registered
15,631 Posts
On a TJ the accessory position is last counterclockwise position i.e. Further off then off or lock

Ford Chevy YJ and Jk guys think accessory should be first clockwise click after off but that is not how the key switch works on a Tj

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I forgot to mention, I bought it with an aftermarket radio already in. It worked the same as it does now (only with the key on). Guess I'll have to trace the wires.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Think it could be the key cylinder? I'll check if my cigar lighter works on acc to be sure after work. Jumping ahead, can the key cylinder be repaired or just replaced?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the help. Turns out the key I was using must be that worn that it wouldn't let me turn counter-clockwise past the key release position. I tried my spare and it turns like it should.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts