Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an issue, I stopped for gas this morning and left the radio on (good song on), when I finished filling up I first turned it off the acc and pulled the key, I put it back in and then turned the key (to start it) and when it (the Jeep) started the radio acted as if there was no power to it. The lights were not on, the clock did not display, and of course there was no sound from it. I checked all the fuzes in the entire fuze box and all of them are good. There are no other problems in the vehicle what-so-ever.

Is there another fuze somewhere that is not immediately visible? Could a wire be loose behind the radio? Could there be an issue with the acc mode on the ignition switch? Please help...I can't do my 45 minute commute without tunes!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So the Gremlin (old AMC reference...LOL) is gone! I got on the highway going home last night and was tapping and pressing buttons on the stereo, hit the eject button on the cd player and it came back on. WTF is that about?!

·
Registered
488 Posts
+1 to 're-booting' it.

I Had something similar happen on my '10, but with an aftermarket radio. I hopped into the Jeep to go somewhere & my brand new radio that was just working fine the night before acts as if it's not getting power...

Tried turning the ignition on and off a few times to no avail & then went to check the fuses. I found the fuse for the radio, pulled it out, checked it, & re-seated it. Then, I flipped the ignition to ACC again and the radio came back.

U gotta love modern technology :banghead:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts