Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a factory flat panel radio in my 2012 JKU. (might be 430 no nav) I set the equalizer to my liking. About a week later I notice the music sounds like crap. When I go into settings, the equalizer is back to factory setting. This happens alot. Any ideas? The battery is not being disconnected.

·
Premium Member
1,528 Posts
same issue here on 2012 JK Sahara. Sometimes it is a week and others a month before it resets. Had the dealer look at it before it went out of warranty and they said it was a bad ground. They found a service bulletin where a heavier gauge ground wire was added to fix the problem. Did not help my Jeep.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
My 430 resets occasionally as well. I did some research on the forum and it seems like a common problem.

·
Registered
783 Posts
I use to have this problem and had the original Lead Acid Battery in my Jeep. Replaced the Battery with a DieHard and Bass/Treble/Balance/Fade and everything else did not reset, Yet! And I replaced the battery for other reasons. I use to have the problem where everything would change to the original settings and wasnt aware this had happened. The Radios in these Jeeps must be really Voltage Sensitive is what I suspect. And I'm kinda suspicious about Cold Weather and Lead Acid Batteries.

·
Registered
258 Posts
No cold weather here, but mine does it every week or two.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
There are several threads on this issue I'm currently fighting with my dealer and now have Chrysler involved they've installed 4 radios, the last one about 2 weeks ago and guess what last Thursday it did the reset again. I can always tell when it happens because I never turn my radio off and when I start the Jeep the radio is turned off and all the equalizer settings are reset. so what I can tell you is its not a radio issue so far the dealer hasn't even tried to diagnose it other than replacing radios, the last radio was supposedly replaced at the request of Chrysler as a step in the diagnostic procedure although I don't know what the fourth radio told them that the first 3 didn't but we'll see.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts