Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Forums,

Battery died last night. Jumped. radio working but will not shut down (Alpine i205)

Pulled fuse m13, J10 and m10. now radio will not turn on, at all.

Have not tried disconnecting battery.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
6,696 Posts
Do you have a can bus adapter running it?

The switched power supply (red wire from the head unit) is either getting its power from a can bus adapter or it was manually rigged to a power a run\accessory supply. Which one is it?

If it's a maestro adapter, try hitting the reset button on the side. You will have to open the dash to get to it.

·
Registered
15,649 Posts
Agree problem with which ever aftermarket box your install used to create an ignition on 12 volt signal for the aftermarket radio as stock radio has no such signal as it relies on digital message over CAN IHS bus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I reset the maestro module without success. also tried unplugging battery overnight to no avail.

Suspect radio dead but fuses all intact.

Maestro still flashes light and can be flashed with update but wonder if it died and cannot send on/off signal to the head unit?

·
Registered
15,649 Posts
If you have a power source like a power plug that is on only when key is on you can tap that to close a relay the takes a fused power plus 12 volt from battery and sends it to aftermarket radio accessory wire

That way you don’t need any silly expensive box
Many Jeep/dodge Chrysler TIPM have one fuse with three holes so it can be placed in left and middle or middle and right holes
One placement makes power receptacle always on other position power only when key is in acc or on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts