Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The radio/electrical on my 09 JKU Rubicon used to always stay on for a bit when I removed the key when the doors were off or until I opened a door if they were on. Now it all shuts off immediately when I turn the ignition to off. I can't roll up the windows or listen to the radio until I turn the key at least one position. Any ideas as to why this would have changed? Is there a way to get that feature back? Thanks!

·
..shall not be infringed!
4,666 Posts
If you have the EVIC option, you can set/reset the length of time the accessories stay 'on' after the key is off. I set mine to the maximum, 10 minutes, I think.

Without EVIC, dealer may be able to set it.

Have you been to the dealer lately and had your computer 'flashed'? That could have changed it, also???

·
Registered
88 Posts
Did you happen to notice if it happened after an oil change ? When the oil change warning is reset ...they may of accidently set yours too 0 I like mine on 10mins it use to be only 1 or 2 mins original factory setting ...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I do all my own oil changes and reset the computer per the manual. I don't think I have the EVIC option as all my display will show is MPG, time, temp, and compass. The only time I had my Jeep to the dealer was when they replaced my transmission. I'm guessing they may have flashed it then. Without EVIC is there anyway to change this? Was EVIC even an option on an 09 JKU Rubicon? Thanks for the help!

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts
No advice here just that I think mine last for about 30 secs once the engine is shut off.

·
..shall not be infringed!
4,666 Posts
A quick look at the '09 manual looks like no EVIC/personal settings function.

Maybe, if you disconnect the battery to reset the computer, it'll revert to factory settings and the radio will stay on again? Of course, that will reset everything....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll try disconnecting the battery and see if that does the trick. If not, I need to take my JK in for leaking/seeping diffs and corroded wheels while it's still under the bumper to bumper warranty and I'll have them reset the setting in the computer at that point. Thanks for your help!

·
Banned
289 Posts
There are alot of things that be be set or changed even if you don't have the EVIC Cluster....Your manual will tell you what settings nd what way to change them....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts